Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Something Fishy

I am a fish convert.

Still don't eat the white fish, or anything that comes in a Gorton's box.

But I avoided cooking fish, shrimp, crab, anything "stinky" at my home for the 1st 12 years of my independent living.  I didn't want the smell.  In my head, it was going to smell like that every time I walked in my door for the next 72 hours.

But I realized that no family can live on chicken and pork recipes alone.  Particularly no family that is trying to eat somewhat healthy

Enter, my foolproof "sweet chili salmon" recipe adapted from a recipe I cribbed from the Food Network site.  And the best part?  It involves buying a bottle of Frank's Sweet Chili Sauce, which I almost always have a coupon for, and is on sale once every four weeks at my grocery store.  (Remind me to tell you what I've learned about sales cycles and coupling them with coupons some other day).

What you need?
- Nonstick veggie oil
- half a bottle of Frank's Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon of ground ginger (or 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger, but that's too fancy for me)
- 2-4 salmon "logs" (I know they aren't called logs, but I don't know what else to call them)

Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, spray with vegetable oil.

Combine sweet chili sauce, soy sauce and ginger and pour over the salmon.

Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.

Turn on broiler.

Put salmon in. 

Cook 7-9 minutes on broil.

Eat with some green vegetable.

My recipes?  They are idiot proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment