Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Medi Terr... what?

So let's start with the fact that my husband's definition of greek food is from one of those diners that has a 20 page menu that he usually ends us deciding on some kind of pasta dish from.

Mix it with the fact that he'll eat anything I cook.  Stir in feta and the need to eat healthier.  And you have Mediterranean turkey burger at the Edwards house!

This is definitely my "I don't want to cook dinner tonight" go to.

We always have ground turkey in the fridge.  We always have feta.  Ditto on spinach and onions.

(And oh yes, as I start sharing recipes, please realize that I don't really follow recipes all that well.  I kind of eyeball things.  Maybe out of laziness.  Maybe out of the desire to cut down on dishes to wash.  Maybe it is just because of my awesome cooking instincts.)

So here we go. 

One package of ground turkey  (I used 99% FF last night)
One egg
1/4 of a yellow onion finely diced
salt and pepper to taste
oregano (1/2 Tablespoonish?)
some feta (probably about 1/2 cup?)

Take ingredients.  Mix up.  Form into 5 patties.  Grill on stovetop in a hot pan with some olive oil until no longer pink.

Cut patties in half, serve inside pita cut in half with some romaine lettuce, tomatoes, a little caesar dressing (I prefer Ken's Lite Caesar) and a sprinkle of feta. 

Add sauteed spinach on the side instead of chips so you don't feel bad about yourself.

Voila!  Dinner! 

No comments:

Post a Comment